Nearly 300 people celebrated the reopening of the Natick History Museum this weekend. We have been working since November 2017 to restore the 1880 museum, located at 58 Eliot Street, and we are thrilled to welcome the community back into the transformed space.
Members and friends of the Society attended a special reception on Saturday, October 20, to preview the renovated museum and two new exhibits: Across the Centuries: Looking at Local Objects and Your Dream House: At Home in Postwar Natick.
On Sunday, October 21, more than 150 people visited the museum’s public opening, held in conjunction with Natick Artists Open Studios. Embroidery artist Mary Burke and basket weaver Ron Michael demonstrated their crafts to the delight of all visitors. Young children played with the blocks, books, and dollhouse in the Children’s Corner and many enjoyed trying a circa-1930 typewriter and casting their votes in a 1905 Natick ballot box.
We would like to thank members of the Natick Historical Society for making possible our museum’s transformation!